Friday, June 1, 2012

The Momma Tree

It's true.  The old saying that once you get ONE tattoo, you will have a burning desire to get more and more.  It is kind of like childbirth if you think about it.  When you are actually getting a tattoo, or having a baby, you swear you will NEVER do this again...because it hurts!!!  But.....


I got my 3rd tattoo last night.  And I love it. 


I actually had a very impromptu "Tattoo party", and invited any of my friends who wanted to get a tattoo also.  Andy, a long time freaky friend, is a very talented tattoo artist, and he came to my house...and I had my first ever "get together" of any kind....OF ANY KIND.....  Thanks to my husband, who got the house ready, got the food and drinks, and talked Andy into coming over just for me....  


And I laughed.  And I forgot, if only for a few hours, about the hell that swells inside my soul.  


So....I got this tattoo....


It is what I call my "Momma tree".  To me, it looks like a momma tree holding her arms out saying, "Come home babies.....".  And there are five birds flying to the tree.  Remember...I have five babies of my own.  :)  


I love it.  It means something to me.  To my heart, is says that I am here kids.  Even if right now I am not all visible, or available.  My arms are always open.  And you are ALWAYS allowed to fly home to me. 


I love all of you. 


And I love my new tattoo.....and yes, it f'n hurt like hell.  


and yes....I'll probably get another one.  I'm turning into an old lady rebel freak I guess.  


No comments: