Friday, December 7, 2012

You are looking so FAT!

Welcome to my disordered thinking.  You are now in the mind of a person with an eating disorder.  Enjoy the journey...


When somebody says to me, "You look great!", or "You are looking so good!"...while I know and appreciate the nice words, my brain immediately turns those words over to ED (Eating Disorder) and I hear something completely different.  See, when you say those words to me, or anybody who is suffering with disordered thoughts from an eating disorder, what is heard is this:

You are looking like you have gained some weight!!

Now, I realize I am putting myself out there, in the sense that this sounds so fucking stupid to the average person.  But just take this as sort of a look into the soul of an eating disorder.  My ED hates me, and will do anything and everything to make me feel terrible.  

Having said all that....

If you think I look good, continue to tell me.  :)  I need practice hearing it.


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I think you look good.