Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Results...

The *big* appointment was today.

He was a very nice man, and Jeff and I were both impressed. Julianne, of course, was a social butterfly who charmed the pants off of him!

After a long, and extensive battery of testing and questions, we were given his opinion.

He feels she has a cognitive deficit, and probably a low IQ.

As sad as this makes me, I agree, probably.

He said the words mental retardation....that she wasn't as bad as that...blah blah blah....but that she probably will never be at the same level as her peers. Her curve of learning will always be below theirs.

Always.

He wants her to try stopping the ADHD medicine, and see how she does.

We are in for a long haul of work trying to get her what she needs.

Poor baby. She doesn't deserve this kind of hard road to walk.

6 comments:

buddypal said...

This little girl has the whole world ahead of here. How can she fail with all the love and support she has from you, Jeff, Grandma, your brothers, Jeff's family and of course her BUDDYPAL!! God has plan for all of us and a very special plan for my prescious BUDDYPAL. All she needs is our Love!!

Chrissy said...

Dad...thank you....
Chris

Anonymous said...

Lots of love to you both.

txgirl said...

Chris~ Wow, I just read your post from before and after the doctor's visit and let me tell you I have walked in your shoes and those feelings hit home with me. I want to give you a huge hug and just be there to sit and talk. I know saying she will be fine doesn't mean much right now but she will be. Yes, it is going to be a rough road but she has a wonderful supporting family and God on her side. Hang in there and love her no matter what. Be her advocate in all areas: therapy, school, outside programs, etc. and never let her take no for answer.

I work with kiddos like her every day and there is a LOT they can do. If you ever have any questions please ask, I am here for anything you need. She is a precious little girl, I love the little video of her saying her ABC's!

Susan said...

I know it must be hard to hear those words about your baby. But the world needs all kinds of people in it. And God made them all. She is precious and she is loved. She can probably teach us all more than we realize. Hang in there- the right thing is never the easiest. love ya.

Jennifer said...

She is a beautiful work of art from God. Hugs and prayers!